1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

gotta have help!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jeverett, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jeverett

jeverett Thread Starter

Sorry, I know everyone's probably getting tired of me, but I've got to have some help, I'm all out of ideas.

What does it mean when after the System COnfiguration screen, the computer just sits there with a blinking cursor?? Me, gateway, nor anyone else can figure this out. Brand new motherboard, processor, RAM, the only thing that I'm re-using is my HDD which is a 40G Western Digital. I've got to keep what's on there b/c I have 2 gig of songs on it, and I do DJ work on the weekends and I have a party this coming up weekend that I wont be able to do unless I fix this.. I'm really hoping someone else can help me. Thanks ALOT to everyone that gives me some feedback, you do not know how much I appreciate it.

2. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann

Have you tried hooking up the hdd to a different computer?

3. Rusty1952

Rusty1952

Hi, When u say sys config screen are u talkin abou the Bios Utility
    or are you talkin about the System Config Screen of the OS; whatever that might be ?

Are you able to access the Bios @ all ? Try press del key as sys is booting up to see if ur hard disk is bein recognized by bios utility.

4. jeverett

jeverett Thread Starter

I did try thre HDD in another computer and it did the same thing. So I took the HDD out of the Other computer, hooked it up to my new one, and it booted just fine. So...I've re-formatted already and am on my way to installing WIN2K again. ..any ideas as to why this happened though?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169816

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice