1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gotta love my monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cJc2001, Aug 13, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. cJc2001

cJc2001 Thread Starter

Hello fellow techno-peasants who came to this site for help,

I'll just cut to the chase:

There I am, enjoying a nice session of Mount and Blade Warband, when all of the sudden, BAM! My LG monitor goes to white screen. Completely at random. I initially thought it was just my computer acting up, but NOPE. It's the monitor.

I then thought that maybe it was just the HDMI cable, but when I unplugged that, the screen was STILL white, so it's not that either. It turns white whenever it's turned on, even if there's no cable connected to it but the power cable.

This monitor has never been dropped, has never been mishandled, and worked completely fine up until that moment. It's also less than a year old, and was purchased brand new at Best Buy last October. I opened it up, checked to see what was wrong? Nothing. All the wires look fine to me. It just flat out died.

If anyone could help me with this, I would appreciate it greatly. I attached pictures of the screen as well as the inside of the monitor in case people were interested.

This monitor is an LG 22MK430H-B type with a 19 V power engine.

Attached Files:

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    If it's still under warranty take it back to Best Buy and ask for a repair or a swap or a refund.

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
  4. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    Have you tried another monitor or tried that one on a different computer?

5. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    OP said the monitor was purchased last October so still under the 1 year warranty.

6. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    I wonder if 'opening it up' voids the warranty?

7. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Probably will if someone at Best Buy can tell it was done.

8. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    Oh my, those tell tale screw driver marks.

9. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    A black Sharpie comes in handy sometimes. Just sayin' ;)

Johnny b likes this.
  10. lynx1021

lynx1021

Years back they had monitors failing because of bad capacitors but I haven't heard of the newer ones doing that lately, I have an LG that I will get a bunch of lines on it and I just recycle the power to fix it, LOL. It may be due to the fact that my wife kicked it off the table an threw the power cord away. (I am using a replacement power supply for it). You can check the voltage external power supply if it has one.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231453

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice