GPS software for new care

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

XcheifX

We bought a new car with the gps hardware built in, but there is no software installed in to the system to make the gps work. Do you guys have any idea where i can buy the software for the care or what the software is called? help would be much appreciated :D

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
HUH? I've never heard of that, and I'd sure be unhappy with the car dealer if they tried to pull that on me! Of courese, since you specified nothing about the car or the system, I'm not sure what you expect us to suggest.

XcheifX

aright, its a maserati and its not new i just said it was new cause we just got it. the gps hardware was built in. then the guy salvaged the car and they erased the memory in the system. so now i need to find software for the system. (it says insert gps disk on the screen)

The GPS software will be specific for the model of GPS hardware fitted, that may or may not be original equipment for that car. (Third party add-ons at purchase time are not uncommon)

You need to determine the make/model of GPS system (and it will not be made by Maserati), then you also need the maps specific to your country (these are also gps system specific and usually quite expensive)

You should talk to Maserati first.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online