1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gpu 83c on lowest settings

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Breadcrumbs91, Jan 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breadcrumbs91

Breadcrumbs91 Thread Starter

I have recently made my first ever pc which I'm so proud of as I have no experience of this at all and learned from watching a few videos on line , everything works great except the gpu on idle it's 30c but as soon as I start to play rust on potatoe setting (lowest) it sores up to 82-83c and I panic and quit game I'm hearing people achieve 72 c on furmarks stress test so I don't understand why , my build comprises of
    Ryzen 2600x
    MSI x470 gaming plus
    Corsair vengeance lpx 16gb
    Xfx Fatboy Rx 590 gpu
    Thermaltake smart bx1 550w PSU
    Sahara p15 case
    128 GB Kingston ssd
    2tb barracuda HDD
    Running Windows 10 64 bit

My cpu temperature is fine all the way hitting the most 42c so I cant understand why the temps are so bad for the gpu , could it be that the gpu is facing down where the PSU is facing up and blowing hot air into the gpu left part ? I doubt it myself the case has , 1 fan at the back and three at the front
    Hope this is enough information for you to assist
    Many thanks in advance
    Mark

2. Breadcrumbs91

Breadcrumbs91 Thread Starter

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

Try moving 1 fan from the front to the back and blowing hot air from the inside to the outside

And check the existing fan at the back that it is blowing out hot air from the inside to the outside

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221595

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice