Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GPU and CPU Temperatures

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Triple6 
#1 ·
Hi,

I would like to hear your views and recommendations on my CPU and GPU temperatures.

I have an Intel i7 980X 3.3GHz and a Nvidia GTX-285.

According to SpeedFan, right now (practically idle), my GPU is running at 47 degrees and my CPU at 56. My CPU always seems to be around here but my GPU is generally a lot higher. In fact, when doing a graphics stability test it reached 90 degrees after 40 minutes.

I would like to hear your thoughts on these temperatures. I currently have 1 sidefan and 1 rear fan. In terms of cooling, do you think I need to take any actions (i.e. buy any more fans or improve cooling somehow).

Thanks,
Lighty.

#4 ·
What case do you have? Which way do those fans blow and what size are they?

CPU temp is high if thats at idle. The graphics temps isn't horrible, those cards run that hot at full load.
It's a Coolermaster CM 690.

The side-fan takes air in and blows just below the CPU (around the GFX card height). It's a 120mm fan.

The other fan at the back (which is just above CPU height) and blows air out and it's about 100mm.

#10 ·
There may be settings in the BIOS for the processor, or the motherboard may have a utility you can download/install to control the fans.

For the video, the manufacturer may have a utility or you can use nTune from nVidia. You can also try MSI's Afterburner program which works on most graphics cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.