GPU and CPU

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kannan.2000

so ive noticed alot that my frames have been getting lower in games recently for example I used to avarge around 60-90 FPs on GTA but now I only get around 30 why does this happen I think its because I need to replace the thermal paste on my CPU and GPU but I'm not sure or the thermal pads on my GPU but I've looked at the idle temps for my GPU and there the same as mine so I really have no idea why my FPS is dropping so much more recently Thank you for your help!

Go to Control Panel > Device Manager > Display Adapters. Right click on driver and select update.

Kannan.2000

all my cpu and gpu driver are up to date. but I dont know how to update my MB drivers

Kannan.2000

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20190819201643.000000-480
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0, CPU Count: 6
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) RX 560 Series
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (232 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3, ver Rev X.0x, s/n 170911535401634
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 20170814, s/n System Serial Number
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Tanis

Shane
You also need to update Windows as you are not on the latest version / build.

What power supply do you have? Not just the wattage, please include the exact make and model.

crjdriver

all of this hard where is abt 4-3 years old I think
It is a LOT older than that; your processor is now 9yr old. The 6300 was a mid-range processor when released and AMD processors of that era were inferior to intels [Not today; the ryzen is at least equal to intel and probably superior in some areas]

One thing I see right off is that win10 is NOT a supported operating system for your motherboard. The latest supported operating system is win7. This means the motherboard mfg [Asus] does not want to invest the time in testing win10 or writing drivers for win10.
In a situation such as yours [no operating system support] it is very common for a windows update to cause issues. Updates often remove support for obsolete hardware.
Here is a link to the support page for your board;
M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3|Motherboards|ASUS Global
As you can see, win7 is the latest operating system listed.

You can certainly try replacing thermal compound however IMO you are fighting a losing battle with that old of hardware.

Last edited:

Kannan.2000

uhm very big issue. my pc is updating and it's been updating all day and has been on this screen for abt 2 hours please please help me.

One thing I see right off is that win10 is NOT a supported operating system for your motherboard. The latest supported operating system is win7. This means the motherboard mfg [Asus] does not want to invest the time in testing win10 or writing drivers for win10.
In a situation such as yours [no operating system support] it is very common for a windows update to cause issues. Updates often remove support for obsolete hardware.
Here is a link to the support page for your board;
M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3|Motherboards|ASUS Global
As you can see, win7 is the latest operating system listed.
FWIW:
I've got a Asus M4N78 Pro mobo.....one from my fist build. It's OS support "SAY's" it's from 2000 Server all the way to 8.1. That said it only has drivers up to windows 7. I ran Vista/7/8/8.1 and now 10 on that mobo. It's now my son PC.

It runs windows 10 very well, with no issues at all. Windows 10 find what drivers it can and then I add all the windows 7 drivers, in compatibility mode that's needed. Even then its only 1 or 2 drivers I have to do that to.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online