Gpu dosent start when i put the pci

PaTr1K

Hello so my gpu(gtx 1660 S) dosent start when i put the pci express and when i take it off it starts,i tried to put the other pci express bc i have 2 pci express cables but still dosent start,dose someone know why and what i am supposed to do?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
Recommended system power: 450 watts (minimum)
Supplementary Power Connector: 1 x 8-pin PCI Express power

You must connect the one 8-pin power cable.
The minimum power supply recommended is 450 watts but I would go with at least 500 watts.

PaTr1K

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
Recommended system power: 450 watts (minimum)
Supplementary Power Connector: 1 x 8-pin PCI Express power

You must connect the one 8-pin power cable.
The minimum power supply recommended is 450 watts but I would go with at least 500 watts.
My supply has 700w(Njoy Titan 700) ,my question is if the gpu or the supply is the problem

PaTr1K

Post your systems specs using TSG System Information Utility

Is this a new build or an existing system with a new GPU?
What to do next depends upon that answer.
So its a prebuild and it was pretty dirty so i cleaned it and changed the termal paste and now idk why it dosent start(gpu),the fans and case powers up,its not my first time cleaning it btw
My pc has: Motherboard:gigabyte m450m
Cpu:ryzen 7 2700x with stock cooler
Ram:16gb ddr4 3200mh
1 HDD-1TB And 1 SSD-240gb
Gpu: 1660 SUPER OC Palit
Need more info? Rn im on my phone

You have to understand nobody can say what is wrong with your computer. You have to methodically work through this a step at a time and try to figure out what the problem is.

Assuming everything is working then that leaves cables, connections or a short somewhere.

If I were you I would disconnect everything. Then only plug in what is absolutely necessary. That includes CPU, RAM and video card, power, and front panel power switch connection. If that works then plug everything else back in.

If all this does not get your computer working then you might have a bad computer part somewhere. The easiest way to isolate this is substituting good parts for bad. I realize most people don't have spare parts.

I sympathize with that because I had a computer hit by lightning 10 years ago. I did not have any spare parts so I ended up just building a new computer. I finally got the broken computer working after 8 months after acquiring enough spare parts to figure out what had failed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online