Solved GPU driver failure causes PC to crash

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

skoldn

Hey everyone,

These past 2 days I've had the same GPU driver error causing my screen to go black for a few seconds, then light on again. That's not too bad, but sometimes my whole PC just crashes. The screen either goes black or freezes and the sound goes nuts, the best way I can describe it is if my PC was a CD and there was a HUGE scratch on it.

Smart guy that I am, I decided to revert to an older driver (from 559.06 to 559.00), but it doesn't seem to make a difference. So I thought I would try yet another driver, and now for some reason every single driver I've tried to install failed, telling me it's not compatible with my OS bla bla bla even though they're drivers recomended by Nvidia for my OS/GPU. I'm still getting the crashes every hour or so. It's pretty damn annoying.

• My PC specs are as follows;
  • Windows 10 64-bit
  • i7-4790k CPU @ stock speed
  • GTX 970 @ stock speed
  • Dunno about my BIOS
  • 4x4GB DDR3 1600MhZ RAM
  • Samsung SSD 250gb
  • 530W CPU
I am already thankful for your help, and if you have any solution please babysit me through the process, I'm not that good with computers =)

crash.png driver update.png

-Nathan

skoldn

Apparently the problem is comming either from Guild Wars 2 or from Nvidia, but I found other people with the same problem as me. Thanks alot for your help.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You're welcome.

I'm not a gamer nor have any need for the extras, so I install only the display driver.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online