Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GPU Errors then Games Crashing (Acer Nitro5 Laptop)

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  phillpower2 
#1 ·
Greetings Everyone,

I'm experiencing a crashing problem when i start a game and in the point where the gameplay start suddenly the screen freeze then crash out to the desktop or in some games I'm able to play for a couple of minutes then its crash.

I got different kinds of errors like this error saying:
"the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)"

Or

Another error where the game crash to the desktop the screen resolution change and when i try to right click and choose Nvidia control Panel it says that there's no gpu or not connected and i have to restart the laptop to get it fixed

The solutions i tried but didn't work:

1- Update the graphics card Driver
2-Uninstall the Driver and let the laptop install it again.
3-Restore to a previous point.
4- i uesd a program called ddu. and uninstall gpu drive in safe mode and reinstall it again.

Things i did before the occur of these problems:

1- started a "Chkdsk /f" through cmd.

But im still having the issue...

Thank you and I'm badly waiting for your reply 😊

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello Halk20008,

Can I ask what particular games it is that you are having problems with.

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s.

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.

In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.

Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

#3 ·
Hello phillpower2
i appreciate your reply ^^

the games i'm Playing are The Witcher 3, GTA V & Marvel Avengers these are the only one up to now.
# The Witcher 3 : I was able to play for like 20 mins.
# GTA V: 5 min then it crash.
# Marvel Avengers: I just Installed this one recently and i never started a gameplay its just keep on crashing from the Starting Scene.

Here is the Link for the Snapshot:
Speccy Snapshot for my Laptop

Thank you

#4 ·
Hello Halk20008,

Thanks for the update (y)

Apart from the CPU being a bit slow at the stock speed I can only see one possible cause in Speccy, your RAM is only working in single channel which is 50% of what it is capable of in dual channel, 2666MHz which just happens to be the most appropriate speed of RAM to compliment the CPU.

RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1330MHz

Other than the above I can only think of overheating but I`m quite sure that you will have been checking your temps.

NB: Can I just make sure that you also have the AC adapter powering the notebook when you are gaming, the GTX 1050 discrete GPU will not get enough power from the High Performance Power Plan setting otherwise.

You are welcome btw :)

#5 ·
Hello Halk20008,

Thanks for the update (y)

Apart from the CPU being a bit slow at the stock speed I can only see one possible cause in Speccy, your RAM is only working in single channel which is 50% of what it is capable of in dual channel, 2666MHz which just happens to be the most appropriate speed of RAM to compliment the CPU.

RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1330MHz

Other than the above I can only think of overheating but I`m quite sure that you will have been checking your temps.

NB: Can I just make sure that you also have the AC adapter powering the notebook when you are gaming, the GTX 1050 discrete GPU will not get enough power from the High Performance Power Plan setting otherwise.

You are welcome btw :)
Thank you :)

Regarding the RAM .. I really dont know about that ...so i cant tell if there is a way to get the full 100% capability

# and yeah AC adapter powering the Laptop always while gaming.

:)

#6 ·
Not all Nitro 5 notebooks are capable of a RAM upgrade so I would suggest you run the Crucial system scanner tool here to see what it says

Just noticed that your primary drive is a standard HDD and not an SSD, this will impact performance, see explanation below;

Partition 1
Partition ID: Disk #0, Partition #1
Disk Letter: C:
File System: NTFS
Volume Serial Number: 760E78FF
Size: 930 GB
Used Space: 774 GB (83%)
Free Space: 155 GB (17%)

For Windows to be able to run efficiently and to be able to update you need to have between 20 and 25% of the partition or drive available on a HDD and an SSD between 10 and 15% as free storage space at all times, if you don`t you risk Windows becoming corrupt or not being able to update which puts you at risk of malware attack.

Data only storage devices should not be allowed to get any lower than 10% of free storage space of the full capacity of the drive/partition on the drive, this also to avoid data corruption.

Please note that storage devices can physically fail if the amount of free storage space is allowed to drop below the required 10 or 20/25% minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.