1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved GPU fans go crazy, black screen, not overheating

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kagemand1234, Sep 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kagemand1234

Kagemand1234 Thread Starter

So i have had this problem for some time now, that when i play some games (ex. Overwatch, and Ghost recon wildlands) my screen suddenly goes black, my gpu fans go mad (full speed), and for a second the sound is ****ed, then normal, but the screen and fans are still the same. I have tryed to leave it on for about an hour with no change. the GPU (atleast) isn't overheating, and i know this because both the programs i have monotoring it and putting my hand on it after, says that it's fine. i have tryed overclocking it a very long time ago and actually had to underclock it for it not to do it all the time. it's only in some games and without any special event happening on the screen (can be in the middle of a firefight or just looking at some mountains) so im abit lost.
    im running a GTX 1060 6 GB, it's within the system requirements in both games, and usually on lowest settings graphic whise, but i have tryed on highest, with again no seemingly diffrence in amount of crashes.
    2x8 GB of RAM
    feel free to ask anything, i have had this problem so long i would give my left arm to get it solved

Attached Files:

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

What's you complete system specs? Is your windows completely updated? Do you have the latest drivers installed for all you hardware...to include chipset and BIOS?

3. Kagemand1234

heres a picture of my specs, sorry they are in danish, but i do not know how to get them in english. i have everything set to auto update so i am pretty sure everything is up to date.

Attached Files:

4. Kagemand1234

TLDR; i bumped my power draw limit to 116% and no crashes for 24 hours.

Okay so i think i solved the problem my self, by chance actually. So when my pc did the thing again 2 times after i had started a specific mission in a game, i thought maybe my GPU dind't get enough power, since i have my fans on constant 70%speed because its the fastest they will go without being noisy. So i bumped up the power draw limit up to 116% (the highest it will go in "MSI afterburner"). Then i loaded up the same mission, and BOOM no crash. Don't know if it helped or it just dind't crash because of dumb luck, but i haven't had any problems for over 24 hours. So i THINK i solved it.

5. DJInfection

DJInfection

anything since?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232509

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice