1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GPU + game performance

Discussion in 'Games' started by Enzyness, Sep 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Enzyness

Enzyness Thread Starter

I have recently installed a new GPU into my computer, from Geforce gt 710 to geforce gtx 960. Since I have installed it, I have come across a lot of problems, like getting it to work and function (for which the most part, I have fixed), however, on some games, like 'Dead by Daylight', the game would crash before I could even get on to the main menu. Other games like 'Warframe' would not have much of an increase of fps (comparing my previous GPU performance and current). But another game 'Rocket League' has been improved very well (I could barely play at low settings before, and now i'm able to use medium-high settings with better fps

I am also not able to access Nvidia Control Panel since it cannot locate the drivers.
    upload_2018-9-20_18-7-39.png

I have speculated that this is because my GPU is "undefined" when I looked on Speccy, but I am not quite sure on how to fix this, even after looking up & researching for the past 3 days on improving my GPU.
    upload_2018-9-20_18-11-17.png

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, updating drivers, various things but no avail. Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Walsherop

Walsherop

Have you tried testing other GPUs in your rig?

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Did you do the following in the correct order?

1. Uninstall the driver software for the GeForce GT 710 graphic card.
    2. Completely turn off (not restart) your computer.
    3. Remove the GeForce GT 710 graphic card.
    4. Install the GeForce GTX 960 graphic card.
    5. Start your computer and then wait for the Windows operating system to detect the GeForce GTX 960 graphic card.
    6. Install the driver software for the GeForce GTX 960 graphic card.

---------------------------------------------------------------

You didn't say which Windows operating system is running in your computer.

The GeForce GTX 960 graphic card uses almost 100 watts more power than what the GeForce GT 710 graphic card does.
    What is the brand name and model name and wattage of the power supply in your computer?

----------------------------------------------------------------

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  5. Walsherop

Walsherop

"You may also want to try using a third party uninstaller like DDU"

Yup, DDU uninstaller, all the way!

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Enzyness is a first-time poster who hasn't replied back in 4 days, so any further comments and advice from us is probably a waste of time.

---------------------------------------------------------------

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216819

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice