1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GPU is a failure?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xxDeX, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxDeX

xxDeX Thread Starter

Since I got this computer I have had some problems right from the beginning, but they were not really that bad then. Now tough I am having BSOD like every other time I boot my computer. I think it is my GPU being just terrible and I have already ordered new one. The thing to what I want to get an answer is that will this new card fix my problem?

Problem: Sometimes(lately really often) when I open a game I will get weird little dots here and there and then my PC will crash with BSOD pretty much instantly when those dots appear. Sometimes it doesn't happen but when it does, it doesn't matter is the game really that demanding or not. For example I can get +700 fps without fps cap in Team Fortress 2 but still this BSOD happens.

Specs: Intel i7-3770
    18GB RAM
    GTX 550 ti

Not really important for the topic but the card i ordered is GTX 680

2. dai

dai

these are the specs you need to post

what are you running
    video card brand and model
    cpu
    m/board
    ram
    power supply
    brand
    model
    wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and temperatures and post them

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085475

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice