1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GPU issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gonchi1207, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gonchi1207

gonchi1207 Thread Starter

Hi,,,

I have a geforce 6200..... actually had

the problem is that i had from another pc a case fan, and i had the idea to cool my graphic card with it......

with wires i tied the fan to the case to be like in the air,, by this i mean that the fan wasnt touching the pc,,,, though very near to the gpu heatsink,,

I switched it on,, and benchmarked the card,, the results were good,,

i had no problem until i reboot......

then,, xp loads normally,, and the logon screen,, was ok,, when i logged in the desktop shows and all was ok but 5 secs later the screen went black,....
    i thought it wasnt the graphic card,, but i could play music,, reboot etc,, so i deduced that the pc was working,, only,, my monitor wasnt displaying anything....

i tried to remove the graphic card and install it again,, but no results......

i really dont know why this happened, it is possible that low temperature can hurt the gpu components??? ......

is there a possibility that while installing the fan, i accidentally touched a circuit of the gpu and with static broke it????

is there a way to find out what is going wrong with the gpu????

tnx in advantage

ps: its not the mobo,, i am now writing from this pc,, with a geforce 4 mx 440 that i had somewhere and its running alright

ps: i ran with the 6200 xp in safe mode,, and no problem,, maybe ,, its when nvidia control panel is executed, or even worse,, when the nvidia drivers execute,, that can explain why the boot screen and logon screen shows no problem

2. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Sounds like something with either the driver or the software.

Uninstall them both from safe mode, reboot.

Go to Nvidia website and download the latest for your card and OS.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751494

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice