GPU leading to No Signal Monitor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gamerskandn

I just recently built a PC and it worked great. The monitor worked fine and displayed the screen with all the specs and stuff because I didn't have windows 10 at the time. I just got the windows 10 USB in the mail today as well as a GPU because they were previously out of stock. I put in the GPU and we quickly saw something wasn't right because the PC wasn't turning on at all. After changing the cable, the PC turned on but the monitor displayed no signal. We tried everything and the monitor still said no signal. We gave up and ended up taking out the graphics card so the monitor would work. But even after taking out the graphics card, the monitor still read 'No Signal'. What do I do?

mohittomar13

Mohit Tomar
Ensure all the cables and connectors in the CPU cabinet is connected correctly. If the problem persists then get the monitor checked for h/w faults. If you have a spare monitor try connecting to that and see if it is showing some display.

managed

Allan
Please list all the parts you used to make that PC.

Most modern Graphics cards need to have a power cable connected to them from the Power Supply, did you connect one ?

Make sure you are connecting the video cable to the graphics card and not to any connector that's part of the motherboard.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online