GPU microstutters

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GabeFromNJ

I don't know what is causing these microstutters in my GPU. Here is a clip of what it does. it happens ever few minutes.
Build is:
Gigabyte x570 Master
5900x
11 Corsair Fans with 2 controllers
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W gold
2 nvme ssds
4 dimms 3600mhz Dominator Ram
NZXT AIO

tried clean install of windows, disabling resizable bar, undervolting GPU. No freeesync enabled.

Tanis

Shane
Hi and welcome to TSG

Can you download and run the TSG System Info Utility, link below in my signature. Copy and Paste all the info provided in a reply.

My first question would be ... why 11 fans? That seems like massive overkill and unnecessary load on the PSU. even more so given you are using NZXT water cooling.

You have put 4 DIMMS, but how much actual RAM do you have?

What is the make and model of your GPU?

What BIOS version are you running? The 5900X is supported from F30 BIOS onwards.

Can you download and install the following Gigabyte utilities from their website:
X570 AORUS MASTER (rev. 1.0) Key Features | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

- App Center (need this before you install the System Info Utility
- System Info Utility

Run the Sys Info Utility and provide a screenshot of the voltages section. I believe its in the System Alerts section.

GabeFromNJ

Hi and welcome to TSG

Can you download and run the TSG System Info Utility, link below in my signature. Copy and Paste all the info provided in a reply.

My first question would be ... why 11 fans? That seems like massive overkill and unnecessary load on the PSU. even more so given you are using NZXT water cooling.

You have put 4 DIMMS, but how much actual RAM do you have?

What is the make and model of your GPU?

What BIOS version are you running? The 5900X is supported from F30 BIOS onwards.

Can you download and install the following Gigabyte utilities from their website:
X570 AORUS MASTER (rev. 1.0) Key Features | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

- App Center (need this before you install the System Info Utility
- System Info Utility

Run the Sys Info Utility and provide a screenshot of the voltages section. I believe its in the System Alerts section.
Hi, thank you so much for your reply! Yes, 11 fans is overkill lol. I have a Corsair 5000d Airflow. It supports a lot of fans and I just like the look of it. I am not at home right now so I can not do what you suggested but I will asap. I am running the latest bios, 33j. I have a total of 48gb of ram. 2 16gb and 2 8gb. Both cl18, from the same manufacture, same series. I tried taking the 8gb sticks out to see if that was the issue and it was not. I should add that I upgraded from a 3070 and did not have this issue. I DDUed the drivers, then ended up doing a format and fresh install.
GPU is a RX 6900 XT - AMD's reference card.

These photos might help

Tanis

Shane
Hi, thank you so much for your reply! Yes, 11 fans is overkill lol. I have a Corsair 5000d Airflow. It supports a lot of fans and I just like the look of it. I am not at home right now so I can not do what you suggested but I will asap. I am running the latest bios, 33j. I have a total of 48gb of ram. 2 16gb and 2 8gb. Both cl18, from the same manufacture, same series. I tried taking the 8gb sticks out to see if that was the issue and it was not. I should add that I upgraded from a 3070 and did not have this issue. I DDUed the drivers, then ended up doing a format and fresh install.
GPU is a RX 6900 XT - AMD's reference card.

These photos might help
MSI Afterburner can be useful (I use it for fan speed control) but definitely getting the Gigabyte specific tool as that should give you accurate information.

Given you have changed the GPU and the RX 6900 XT the likely culprits are either the GPU or PSU. The RX 6900 XT has a might minimum PSU requirement than the GTX 3070, going from 550W (3070) to 700W (6900XT).

Roughly how old is the rest of the system?
Are you over clocking anything?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online