1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GPU not compatible?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by airbrushguy, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. airbrushguy

airbrushguy Banned Thread Starter

hi all, i was wondring why my asus GT 210 silent ,dosnt seen to be working proply ,i contacted the guy i brought it from and he said i was using an incompatable MB ,is this true and how do i fix this?

ASUS M4A88TD-M
    AMD black edition 955 four core
    4gb kingston ram
    asus gt210 gpu (navidia based gpu not compatible?)

(the motherboard has "ati hybrid crossfire,ati hd 4250 onboard ")
    (gt220 is driven by geforce 210 engine)

2. Sponsor

3. Tanis

Tanis

What do you mean by it not working properly? What problems are you having?

4. airbrushguy

well when its plugged in somtimes the screen wont boot up and problems like that although it works fine in my other machine ,i think its failed all together now and just wont seem to go at all ..i figred it was a driver clash with the ati board drivers when it downloads the navidia ones for the card (win 7)

5. airbrushguy

yeah i just tryed it again and still getting same response monitor screen comes out of hibernation for a second on bootup then says no signal and go's back to hibernation mode again ,dose anyone know why this would be happening?

6. airbrushguy

i need my card operational for the new starwars mmorpg game that juust hit the shelves lol!!!

7. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

Technically any motherboard with a PCI-E slot should be capable of running that graphics card. Did you disable the onboard graphics of the motherboard before you installed the video card? Some motherboards require you to do this.

Jack-O-Bytes

8. Tanis

Tanis

Ive been playing that for the last few days (early access from 15th Dec), well worth it in my opinion :D

as jack-o-bytes says, technically is should work as long as the board has a suitable PCI-E slot and everything is working correctly. Have you tried the card again in your other machine, does it still work there?

After physically installing the new card, as said ensure you disable the onboard graphics in the BIOS as it could be defaulting back to that even though the new card is in place.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031894