GPU not detected

Thesohaiman

Hello
I'm running a RTX 2080TI on a ASUS Maximus Hero MOBO for around 14 months now.
For the past few days, I've been unable to boot my pc with the monitor's HDMI cable attached to the GPU but plugging it into the MOBO and restarting enables my PC to boot.
Upon further inspection, my PC is not detecting the GPU, as seen on the NVIDIA app, GeForce Experienceand device manager. Detaching and reattaching the GPU, redownloading and reinstalling the driver does not help, my BIOS is not up to date.

Following advise from kind souls on google, restarting my BIOS enable my GPU to be detected again. However upon booting my PC the following day, the problem recurs but is solved with restarting the BIOS. Occurs daily.

Do I get a new GPU or is there something else I can do?

Tanis

Shane
Hi,

Can you provide some more detailed system specs?

if its a prebuilt system what is the exact make and model?
If its a self/custom build please also provide make and model of CPU, RAM and PSU (make, model and wattage).
Are you overclocking anything? I suspect not if you have reset the BIOS back to defaults.
Have you physically removed and reseated the graphics card including removing and reseating any power cables to it?

I assume everything works OK using the onboard graphics?

Sounds like a GPU issue on first glance but worth doing so additional diagnostics anyway to confirm.

Thesohaiman

Hello
Never have overclocked it.
It is a custom built PC. I have attached a picture of the specs.
I have physically removed the GPU and the relevant cables and reattached them.
The MOBO has the AO code so it seems fine.

I live quite far out from civilisation and due to lock down in my country it's difficult to get more hands-on help.

Attachments

Thesohaiman

Hello again.
Sadly I do not have access to another GPU.
However, good news is resetting the BIOS to factory settings seems to have solved the issue.
Thanks for your help, sir.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online