GPU not displaying

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Elboddarb

No. Use the correct tool or part for the job. WD40 leaves a residue and would probably cause a problem.
If you are going to work on electronics hardware, you need a can of contact cleaner.
Sorry I meant the WD40 contact cleaner. either way that is what I have used but am still getting no display output. I decided to set up my old PC and put the graphics card in there to see if it works and it does. I also tested each display port and they are all working. so I moved it back to my new PC but still got nothing. I tried changing PCIe slot but that hasn't worked either. So the GPU clearly works and the PCIe slots aren't dead since it is still recognising the GPU, drivers and chipset have been updated but I am still getting nothing. at this point I have no idea why it wont display

crjdriver

Do you have another video card you can try in your system? Other than that, you may have a defective motherboard [since the card works in another system]

Elboddarb

sadly no. what can i do about a defective motherboard other than buy a new one.

crjdriver

RMA the board. If you purchased the board from newegg, this is very easy. With other sellers, it may be more difficult.

Elboddarb

i got it from amazon. the only issue it is i bought the card a fair amount of time ago, it has been a gradual process getting all the parts and it was one of the first things i got. i dont thing it is still in the return window. do you know if asus themselves could help or replace it?

crjdriver

You have to contact asus support and see. They will want the serial# [not part#] from the card or the box it came in.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online