1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gpu not posting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lekafisher, Aug 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lekafisher

lekafisher Thread Starter

I have a gigabyte gtx 1050, and it was working fine until I moved my computer into a different room. I turned on my computer, but it my monitors were getting no connection and the keyboard and mouse wouldn’t light up.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs.
    Next my guess [and it is only a guess since we do not know what hardware you are using] is that you knocked something loose.
    System OFF, pull the pw cord from the back of the system. Open the case and reseat the video card, pw connections to the card, atx and aux pw connectors on the motherboard. Now reconnect the pw cord and pw ON and see if the system will POST.

AmateurJohn likes this.
  3. AmateurJohn

AmateurJohn

First Name:
    AmateurJohn
    Is everything connected correctly, internally and externally?

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I should have included that when you go to reseat the video card, there will be a lock or release for the card. Be sure and push that down prior to removing the card. Failure to do that and you can damage the motherboard and or slot.

AmateurJohn likes this.
  5. lekafisher

I have a msi 760GMA-P34 (FX) MOBO, Kingston HyperX FURY 2 stick 8gb DDR3, WD Blue 1TB SATA 6, Thermaltake versa h15 case, EVGA 500W1 80+ PS, AMD FD6300WMHKBOX FX-6300 6- core CPU.

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Have you done what was outlined in post #2?
    If so, what was the outcome?

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

After the move, you are sure the monitor is plugged into the video card and not the onboard port correct?

8. lekafisher

I did what was said in post #2, but same outcome. I also have the monitor plugged into the graphics card, and not the motherboard.

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If you are sure you have everything seated correctly, then you broke something. Do some basic troubleshooting and attempt to find the failed part;
    1 System OFF, pull the pw connectors from ALL drives; both hd and optical
    2 Disconnect any usb device ie printer, scanner, hub, etc
    3 Clear cmos with the clear jumper and return the jumper to the normal position
    4 Pull out and add-in cards ie sound, nic/lan, raid, video card. Connect the monitor to the onboard port on the motherboard. Note you may not have any add-in cards other than the video card
    5 Pw ON and see if the motherboard will POST. If it does, then shutdown and start connecting devices one at a time until you find the failed part. If it will not POST, then you will need to swap parts with known good units ie motherboard, ram, pw supply, etc.

10. lekafisher

I can get it to post without connecting my graphics card. Does this mean I need a new one?

11. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Either the card failed or it is not sated correctly.

AmateurJohn likes this.
  12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213963

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice