GPU not recoognized

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

callingltu

Hey,

So i was using my PC, and suddenly it froze. I restarted it and now i dont get any view from my GPU Gforce gts250. But my integrated GPU works fine.

I then checked my GF gts250 on my other pc and it worked fine!

So i thought maybe smth is with my PCI-e slot on my pc. I then put my old geforce 6200 and it worked! What the hell? :D
I then put my other GPU GF 7600gs and it didnt work!

So only gf 6200 works in my pc, what the hell?

My motherboard is gigabyte ga-31m-s2l

You have the power connectors hooked up to the card, right?

What power supply are you using?

callingltu

Yeah i have, otherwise it makes noise, also 7600gs doesnt need power connector.
My psu is fortron 600w, dont remember the model, but it wasnt cheap

crjdriver

Fortron or FSP pw supplies are decent however anything can fail. I would first swap in a known good pw supply. If it still gives the same problem with a known good unit, then I would suspect the board has failed.

callingltu

Maybe smth is wrong with pcie slot? Some pins have fried or smth? I just cant understand why 6200 works :D

crjdriver

What is hard to understand? The onboard video works and the pci-e slot does not. Motherboards fail as do all other parts in a pc.

callingltu

u didnt read it at all.
On board works, but also works geforce 6200 pcie.
But my gts250 and 7600gs doesnt. But they work when i put em in other pc

crjdriver

As I said, what is hard to understand? Both of the cards that do not work draw more power from the pci-e slot.
If you install a known working card and it does not work in that mb, it tells you that there is a problem with the board. VR failure, capacitor failure, etc. The only other option is that you did not fully seat the card. There really is no other possibility.

Next please use proper grammar and or punctuation marks. Your posts are difficult to read with out proper grammar.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online