1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GPU Not Working on Primary Slot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hmrad11, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Hmrad11

Hmrad11 Thread Starter

Hi, it’s my first time here , i have a really weird problem , i bought asus prime z390 A motherboard to build it with asus rog rtx 2070 oc 08g , i7 9700k , hyperx fury 16gb 3000 mhz ram , the issue that the graphic card is not working on primary slot (x16 mode) only works on third slot on board which is x4 mode ; i updated mobo bios , contacted asus support and tried all troubleshooting possible and no solution, finally they told me that it could be mobo issue , i tried the same build on a new mobo ( asus prime h370 plus ) and same result this new mobo has two slots the primary is x16 mode and the secondary is x4 mode it works only on the second one;after contacting asus support again they told me that it’s gpu faulty ; i changed gpu with same model new one !! Same issue ; finally yesterday i shipped a new gpu rtx 2080 dual oc , and same result on two motherboards , the gpu and all build on x4 mode is working fine without any issue but only that i am not getting the best performance , the only two parts that i didn’t change is cpu and ram but now i am pretty sure that it could be some bios settings to check it couldnt be hardware problem as i guess

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Have you tried contacting the GPU support people?

3. Hmrad11

Hmrad11 Thread Starter

Yes , it is asus , they told me that it is graphic card for third time !

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231442

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice