GPU/PSU overheating?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
I am assuming the CPU has a heat sink sitting on top of it? A metal square/rectangle with slots that look kind of like a grate?

Alright. It might be a problem with the thermal paste attaching the heat sink and the CPU. You can either try to reapply thermal paste and see if that helps, or you could go ahead and get a water cooler to cool down your entire PC. Since you have some good hardware recently bought I would look at a good water cooler, but that is up to you. Either way, your PC, and your CPU in particular, need to be cooled down sooner rather than later, or your new computer may be a dead computer. New good CPUs are not cheap to replace.

Stylisin

Thanks heaps for your advice. I’ll look into doing some water cooling for the whole computer, it’ll probably be best in the long run.

I appreciate the help.

Of course! Glad to help. If you feel this is resolved, would you please mark this as Solved?

Stylisin

I forgot one more thing.

My PSU is screaming. I recently upgraded from a 600 to a 1200w and my PSU screamed so I replaced it with an 850w and now that one is screaming as well. What would that be occurring from? Incredible back Luck?

Are you certain that the PSU is making the sound? By what you've described, specifically that it sounds like a tea kettle, that your earlier readings had your GPU at 62 degrees C (that's 143.6 degrees F), and that your new GPU is water cooled, it could very well be your overheating GPU. In Fahrenheit (I'm American), you can cook an egg at 130 degrees, and your GPU is reaching 143.6. I would seriously try not to use your computer until you can get a cooling system for your entire PC. Once that is installed and properly working, then see if the "tea kettle" sound returns.

Stylisin

I reinstalled my old PSU to make sure and the screaming went away, but maybe that’s because the old PSU is only 600w and not providing enough power to the GPU because i fluctuate in frames a lot. Would I be right?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online