Gpu stops when installing drivers (Windows 10)

Mohamedsayed001

Hi, ihave an issue with my pc . So when i install the driver for my r7 370 the gpu stops and gives me a black screen and i had to restore the system to go back . This happens when i install the windows updates too and specific the win 10 pro 1909 version so i am now at the 1809 version .and i tried to intall the older versions of adrenaline divers and it dining me the same problem . Any help please?

crjdriver

You are posting in a hardware forum and no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.
If this is by chance a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever post the exact brand, model# and service tag#

Mohamedsayed001

You are posting in a hardware forum and no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.
If this is by chance a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever post the exact brand, model# and service tag#
Specs: mobo_msi 970 gaming
Cpu_amd fx-8300
Ram -kingstone hyper x 8 gb
Psu_ xfx ts 550w
I bought the pc from 3years
No beeps

crjdriver

Here is a link to the support page for your motherboard;
https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/970-GAMING/Overview
Download and install command center. Once you have done that, open command center and post the following info; cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Do this twice. Once while under a normal load and again while running a stress test. Use prime95, OCCT, or Realbench for the stress test [all free downloads]
Let the stress test run for at least two min to stabilize temps and voltages.

Mohamedsayed001

Here is a link to the support page for your motherboard;
https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/970-GAMING/Overview
Download and install command center. Once you have done that, open command center and post the following info; cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Do this twice. Once while under a normal load and again while running a stress test. Use prime95, OCCT, or Realbench for the stress test [all free downloads]
Let the stress test run for at least two min to stabilize temps and voltages.
At normal 3.3v is 3.296 v
5v is 5.045 v
12v is 12.232 v
Temp is 33 °c / 93 °f
But at the stress
3.3,5,12 v values are the same
Temp is 63
And gpu tests didn't work because there is no drivers installed as i said

crjdriver

Those look ok. Have you done a clean install of win10 ie booting from an install usb deleting all partitions then installing?
One thing to understand, IF a clean install, drivers, etc does not fix the problem, your processor is now 8yr old and the rest of the hardware is getting pretty old. It is almost never cost effective to repair hardware of this age. If this were a very high end intel workstation when released, perhaps however the AMD processors of that era were inferior to intels when released.
At least that is not the case today. Modern AMD ryzen processors are every bit as good [if not better] than intels.

Mohamedsayed001

Those look ok. Have you done a clean install of win10 ie booting from an install usb deleting all partitions then installing?
One thing to understand, IF a clean install, drivers, etc does not fix the problem, your processor is now 8yr old and the rest of the hardware is getting pretty old. It is almost never cost effective to repair hardware of this age. If this were a very high end intel workstation when released, perhaps however the AMD processors of that era were inferior to intels when released.
At least that is not the case today. Modern AMD ryzen processors are every bit as good [if not better] than intels.
But i don't have any problem with the cpu
My problem is the graphic card

crjdriver

You are not understanding. If the card in fact works, then try the clean install. If you have another video card you can install for a test, do so.

What I said is that IF there is a problem with your hardware, it is almost never cost effective to repair that hardware.
I would pull the video card out and make sure the fan or fans are firmly attached. While the card is out, give it a very close inspection with a bright light. Look for any leaking and or bulging capacitors. If all looks well, then reinstall the card and attempt the clean install of windows.
Note you can make an image of your system drive as it is now. Store the image on an external, NAS, etc. If the clean install does not fix the problem, it takes all of 5~10 min to restore the image and be right back where you started.

Mohamedsayed001

You are not understanding. If the card in fact works, then try the clean install. If you have another video card you can install for a test, do so.

What I said is that IF there is a problem with your hardware, it is almost never cost effective to repair that hardware.
I would pull the video card out and make sure the fan or fans are firmly attached. While the card is out, give it a very close inspection with a bright light. Look for any leaking and or bulging capacitors. If all looks well, then reinstall the card and attempt the clean install of windows.
Note you can make an image of your system drive as it is now. Store the image on an external, NAS, etc. If the clean install does not fix the problem, it takes all of 5~10 min to restore the image and be right back where you started.
It habbend with the previous windows and this one is new

crjdriver

OK, you are going to have to start swapping parts to find what has failed. First part to swap would be the video card. Either install your card in a working system OR install a known good card in your system.

Mohamedsayed001

OK, you are going to have to start swapping parts to find what has failed. First part to swap would be the video card. Either install your card in a working system OR install a known good card in your system.
Unfortunately I can't now but i am grateful for your help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online