GPU Swap, I dont know if I broke something.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NCTepper

I was swapping my GPU from an RX570 to a RYX2060. Once I made the swap everything turned on fine including the LED's on the 2060 but no signal was going from the HDMI to the monitor. After attempting to reseat the card 2 times or so I decided to switch back to the 570 to try and go online and look up the issue. Unfortunately, now the 570 is doing the same thing. I really hope there is an easy fix im not seeing. Did I manage to brick both of my cards or could there be another problem?

crjdriver

It would really help if you posted ALL of the exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.
Did you release the latch or lock when you pulled out the 570?

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You marked this thread "Solved". Did you actually find your problem? If so, please tell us what you found. Others may find it useful in the future.

If not, make sure you didn't knock any connections loose inside the box. Unplug and reseat all cables, especially power cables.

NCTepper

You marked this thread "Solved". Did you actually find your problem? If so, please tell us what you found. Others may find it useful in the future.

If not, make sure you didn't knock any connections loose inside the box. Unplug and reseat all cables, especially power cables.
Embarrassingly the fix was unplugging the monitor from the wall for a minute and plugging it back in. I guess just power cycling wasn't enough.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
That's cool! Don't sweat it. Good to know. Thanks! Have a good evening ...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online