1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GPU too big which blocks slot for Elgato HD60 Pro

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Taiga, Oct 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taiga

Taiga Thread Starter

Hey, recently I got myself an Elgato HD60 Pro. Without thinking (stupid me), I bought it and found out I have to put it in an I BELIEVE PCI-E 2 slot. But anyways, the slot is directly underneath the slot my GPU is placed. Now, my GPU is pretty big due to the fan meaning it blocks of the slot for my Elgato, meaning I can't plug both my Elgato and my GPU in at the same time.

My GPU doesn't have USB (I've seen a few PCI risers online but they all need USB as far as I understand). Is there a way to - without getting a new motherboard etc - get them both in (I thought of some extension thing for my GPU so I can place my GPU somewhere without directly putting it in the slot)

Sorry if this is messy written, hopefully it's understandable. I have no experience with hardware whatsoever.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Taiga, and welcome to TSG.

It might help someone here to help you if you told us the brand and exact model numbers of the motherboard and all of the expansion cards that are currently added to it.

Posting a clear photo of the motherboard inside of your computer's case may be of some help as well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218550

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice