Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GPU upgrade but low performance

Tags
fps gpu upgrade
765 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Daniel.R 
#1 ·
I have recently upgraded from a 650ti to a gtx 960, but whenever I’m playing games (I play CSGO) I’m getting around 40 FPS if I’m lucky, alongside stutters and sometimes game crashes. I have no idea what’s going on

#2 ·
Without knowing anything about the other hardware (processor, motherboard, RAM, power supply, etc.) in your computer, it's impossible to know why you're having gaming issues.

We also don't know how well you maintain your computer, or what third-party apps are installed in it, so that could be part of the issue.

Product Font Screenshot Parallel Rectangle

-------------------------------------------------

#3 ·
I’m pretty sure my specs aren’t the issue, neither is the maintenance as it’s only a year old build.

CPU: ryzen 5 1500x
MOBO: MSI 530m gaming
RAM: hyperx 16gb
PSU: Corsair 450watt
SSD: 500gb
GPU: GeForce 960

I have read that some people say to do a clean install of windows as old drivers and new ones can cause issues but I’m not able to do that as thats giving me a error code aswell

#4 ·
When listing hardware specs....they need to be specific with make/model number. Just saying a Geforce 960 or Hyper X 16 gb of RAM tells us nothing. I can't look up anything with generic information.

What brand of GPU? What speed is the RAM? What's the make/model of your MSI mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.