So I want to upgrade my pc for gaming.. currently specs are
Microsoft Windows 10
Optiplex 9020, i7-4770
cpu@ 3.40 GHz, 4 Cores threads 8, 28 Gig RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4600
750W psu
Mainboard specs in attachment
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Pattern

So, the int graphics is crap imo. So what are all the upgraded options available to me with my build?

See less See more
#3 ·
If your PC is using a hard disk drive(HDD), switching to a solid state drive(SSD) will improve speed and snappiness. (y)

Your Intel Core i7-4770 processor has decent performance for some games, but I don't believe it has enough horsepower for the newest games. :unsure:

Jim is correct about gaming graphic cards having gotten very expensive. :eek:

-------------------------------------------------

#4 ·
I do not want to disappoint you however IMO attempting to upgrade a big box system is very often an exercise in futility. While you are able to install more ram or a ssd, dell motherboards just do not have the heavy duty capacitors, heavy duty pw regulation, extra chipset cooling, etc, etc that you find on a performance motherboard.
An analogy would be installing a high performance cam in an econobox car. It will run however it will never run well.

With the price of components currently so high, one option would be to purchase one of the pre-built gaming systems. I hate to recommend those however with the current prices, it is something to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.