GPU/VRAM/RAM not being fully used

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TheReaper47

Hello
I bought a Lenovo laptop few months ago and I wanted to use it primarily for my Photoshop work and stuff, till I gathered enough resources to buy a gaming PC, but I am impatient and started gaming on it, it worked fine on low end games but some games ran ridiculously slow and gave terrible fps even when it was qualified enough to run them smoothly, after a bit of research, I realized that in Xbox game bar,100% of CPU was being used, with sudden spikes from 0 to 50% for GPU occasionally,0% VRAM and ram only being used 40-50% max.
I tried to run Assassin's Creed 4 on it, it gives me 12 avg fps
PC details below:
RAM:8 GB(7.5 GB useable)
GPU:AMD radeon HD 7420G(512 VRAM)
Processor:AMD A4-4300M APU

GPU:AMD radeon HD 7420G(512 VRAM)
You don't GPU or CPU, you have APU which combines both.

This GPU uses software rendering to draw scenes, meaning your CPU must handle all of this.
Assassin's Creed 4 requires quad core CPU. but yours has only 2 and it's busy to process graphics resulting in higher load.

TheReaper47

s
You don't GPU or CPU, you have APU which combines both.

This GPU uses software rendering to draw scenes, meaning your CPU must handle all of this.
Assassin's Creed 4 requires quad core CPU. but yours has only 2 and it's busy to process graphics resulting in higher load.
So there is nothing wrong?its just how it is gonna work?
and what about the ram?why is that not being used fully?

Why would RAM have to be fully used?
The game requires 4GB so you can expect up to 50% of memory being used, never more. (you have 8GB of RAM)

Why is VRAM not used? I think XBOX app doesn't measure it's usage.
you can minimize game and verify VRAM usage in task manager to confirm.

TheReaper47

alright
Why would RAM have to be fully used?
The game requires 4GB so you can expect up to 50% of memory being used, never more. (you have 8GB of RAM)

Why is VRAM not used? I think XBOX app doesn't measure it's usage.
you can minimize game and verify VRAM usage in task manager to confirm.
thanks for the info

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online