grab data from another site?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

justwondering

I am setting up a website for realtors to advertise their listings. I would like to have my site update any price changes that the realtor inputs into the (another) MultiList site. My goal is to save the realtor time so she doesn't have to visit multiple sites, updating the same info.

How is this information controlled? Do I need to get the administrator of the other site to somehow send or give me access? or can I somehow "point" to their website and go get the value of a variable?

You can ask them if they are able to set up XML or RSS feeds, then you can simply put an RSS reader on your site and have it display data from their site

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online