1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

grab data from another site?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by justwondering, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justwondering

justwondering Thread Starter

I am setting up a website for realtors to advertise their listings. I would like to have my site update any price changes that the realtor inputs into the (another) MultiList site. My goal is to save the realtor time so she doesn't have to visit multiple sites, updating the same info.

How is this information controlled? Do I need to get the administrator of the other site to somehow send or give me access? or can I somehow "point" to their website and go get the value of a variable?

2. Techmonkeys

Techmonkeys

You can ask them if they are able to set up XML or RSS feeds, then you can simply put an RSS reader on your site and have it display data from their site

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757846

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice