1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

grafics card nVidia drivers .

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by timothye, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. timothye

timothye Thread Starter

HI .
    today i was checking to see if there were any new drivers for my card ( updating my system ) and there were . i donwloaded them and uninstalled the old driver restarted . then installed the new drivers .

problems ::

1: Widescreen is not detected .stuck at 1280x960 ( monitor settings shows this )
    2: desktop setting at 1440x900 wide screen stretches the wide screen out of the borders .
    ( you can move you mouse to the right of the screen to "scroll horizontally ) to the end of the screen ) :(
    3:uninstalled reinstalled doesnt affect the screen resolution .
    4: Blurry fonts now .

**********EDIT************
    seems i found the previous drivers .. http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_97.78_2.html may 1st 2007, if anyone else needs them .

cannont remember which version i had before the so called "Update" of drivers otherwise i would revert . anyone know the previous drivers to the latest drivers that were released on the 26th of july --

the G-CARD i have : nVidia 7900 GS 256MB

Cheers T

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

I would go into the driver for the video card and roll back the drivers to the last good drivers you had should be the last ones. I think the drivers installed wrong or got corrupted for this install.

If ther eis still a problem I would go into safe mode and then to device manager and see how many drivers are actually installed for this video card, the most I have seen installed for the same video card was 15 drivers. You then remove them one at a time until all are gone and then exit out using OK as many times as necessary and reboot the computer and windows should re-install the driver onthe boot up.

3. timothye

timothye Thread Starter

very good , thanks --
    but i just rolled back to the previous drivers .
    I will wait for a new release of the latest drivers .
    nVIdia forums , has LOADS of people with the exact same problem .
    So its not just me .

Cheers T

4. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

had the same prob with the new drivers from nvidia, i just did a system restore after uninstalling & trying 2 reinstall the old drivers; my monitor was stuck in 1280x960 when it should be 1440x900 also. so read up on nvidia's website that u shouldn't install new drivers if u have an older video card cuz they don't always work lol. go figure.

5. o_ilove

o_ilove

How about Omega driver?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/608286

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice