1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Grainy Color and large display

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by tj0921, Dec 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tj0921

tj0921 Thread Starter

I have read numerous posts on this problems and have done a few things recommended to correct the problems. Display and color were fine a few days ago. Turned PC on and display was in 800 x 600. Corrected it in control panel/display/settings. Now text and screens seem bigger, especially on Internet. Colors displayed on monitor (like blue) are different, not crisp, like they usually are. I can change color to 256, high color (16 bit), and true color (24 bit) in display settings - has no effect on color.

Card in pc is 9FX Reality 334, I have right clicked My Computer and checked device status and it says it is working properly. I have checked out monitor and unplugged and plugged back in cable to video card in PC.

I run Windows 95 on a Pentium II, MMX, 96 MB Ram.
    I have ran out of options - any suggestions?

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Not my strong suit, if I have one. Have you tried removing it in device manager and rebooting? Windows should pick it back up at start up.

3. $teve

$teve

hi tj........the colour scheme your getting......is it kinda like the one you get in safe mode?
    try booting into safe mode and see....also check device manager ,make sure the correct card is listed....if so,try uninstalling your graphics card,shut down,take the card out and make sure the dust is cleaned away and then make sure its correctly seated in the slot(maybe try another pci slot).......(thats if its not on-chip graphics,then im steering you in the wrong direction)
    re-boot and let windows re-install the card....have the driver disk ready.
    come back and let us know what happens.
    good luck

4. brianF

brianF

If you need drivers, you can download some here

Sorry that link is deader than a door nail, will try to find another

Number 9 went out of business I beleive

This is the only driver I can find

Manufacturer:
    Number Nine

Device Type:
    Video Adapters

Model:
    Reality 334

File Name:
    Number Nine Reality 334 Beta Video Adapter Driver for Windows 98.exe

Size:
    223744 bytes

Windows 98

Comments:
    The docs said it is a beta driver for Windows 98. But, I could not find any other drivers for this adapter for Windows 98. I hope this will be stable and all that...too soon to tell yet.
    http://www2.driverguide.com/uploads/uploads7/8067.html

5. tj0921

tj0921 Thread Starter

In safe mode color scheme is similar but everything is grainy, not clear. I have removed the card in device manager and took card in PC out, cleaned off a little and reseated card in same slot (only one available). Rebooted PC and reinstalled card.

Color problems still the same on blues, grays, and gray/black combinations.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63596

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice