1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graph Creation Software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mixx941, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mixx941

mixx941 Thread Starter

Hi guys. I'm looking for something for a business report/proposal that will allow me to input data, and have a line graph similar to the one attached. Sorry for it being so sloppy, I just made a quick sketch as in what I meant.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. kyleesgrandm

kyleesgrandm

You should be able to do this in excel if I remember correctly, or even PowerPoint.

3. mixx941

mixx941 Thread Starter

Thanks, but does anyone know of a specific program that might be somewhat easier than Excel? I dont have much experience with Excel, and need this in a timely fashion.

It could be for Windows, Mac, or UNIX.

Thanks again in advance

4. hewee

hewee

5. Brookston

Brookston

Hi :)

EXCEL HELP...should you choose to accept it...

First, it appears you only want two lines.
    In that case, all you need are two columns of data (it doesn't matter where you put them on the spreadsheet).

* Enter your two columns of data side-by-side, e.g., column "c", column "d".

* Select (click, drag to highlight) the full range of the two columns of data.

* Select the chart wizard.
    (The icon is blue, yellow and red--like books standing in bookends.)

* In the Left column of the window that appears, choose "Line."

* In the Right column of the same window, you'll probably want to choose the first image in the upper left corner of that right-hand column.

* Click the "NEXT" button at the bottom of that window.

* Click the "NEXT" button at the bottom of the NEXT window.

* Click the "Legend" TAB (across the top of that window) and you'll most likely want to click on the check mark in the small box to de-select "Show Legend." That's what I prefer.

Before you leave this window, you might want to add titles (or not). If so, click the "Titles" tab and enter whatever. Also, you might want to change or eliminate all the gridlines. Go to that tab. etc. When you think you're done there, click the FINISH button.

Now you'll see your graph sort of floating in the spreadsheet. That doesn't matter (although you could click and drag it to the upper left if you want).

You can RIGHT CLICK on the graph and select "Chart Options" if you want to get back to that tabbed window to change the format. You might also wish to change the background of the chart white or something (I do). In THAT case, RIGHT CLICK on the graph and select "Format Plot Area" and choose the little white square in the lower right corder of the rainbow grid.

NOW...You probably want to PRINT this thing.

* Go to File\Page Setup and choose the Chart tab.
    * Click on the little, round "radio button" named CUSTOM.

Now you can click "Print Preview" to see if it's a good size.
    Since you've clicked on the CUSTOM button, you can close (button at top) the Print Preview screen and Manually Resize your graph using the little black squares (handles) on the edges of the graph. Check Print Preview again.

When you're ready to print, make sure the graph is "selected" and go for it.

Maybe this info will get you going. If not on this project, maybe another.
    Maybe you should copy and print it out?

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Brookston!
    What are you doing hiding out here??
    Get thy butt to the business applications forum and start answering questions. :)

I agree with you guys. Excel would be fastest. I could create that chart in about 2 minutes if I just have the data.

Compsupport: If you need it real quickly, send data to [email protected], and I'll send you a JPG of the chart.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224483

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice