1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

graphic adapter/card broken? or monitor problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SlashhDot, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SlashhDot

SlashhDot Thread Starter

Hi guys, I turned on my pc to find the resolution stuck at its minimum and color stuck at 4 bit, it had what looked like scan lines on the screen and colors gone crazy, I deleted drivers, uninstalled drives, even booted a fresh windows, and still the same, its a nvidia geforce 8400 gs card with in Intel machine, I can't text for anything more from home, looking for an opinion before giving it to a shop, could be card be dead? Thanks for any help, sorry for no screen shots or formatting I'm doing this from phone

2. black-wolf

black-wolf

That sounds like a video card dying. Try another monitor if you have one to be sure.

3. SlashhDot

SlashhDot Thread Starter

Ok I can sort out another monitor to test, if that doesn't sort it can I be pretty sure its the card dying ?

4. black-wolf

black-wolf

Yes, I'm quite sure that it is anyway, but it doesn't hurt to check the monitor.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1074729

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice