1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphic Card/BIOS/Driver Issue PLz help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by joshbarber89, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joshbarber89

joshbarber89 Thread Starter

I am running windows Vista. I have just reformated and then I literally started getting graphic card errors *Note was working perfectly fine before hand!!!!*, so I don't think it's the graphics card. After installing Vista *At this time I am running on onboard graphics*, I installed the installation disc that came with the card, and then the most recent drivers. But when I restart to ocmplete driver installation, I get BIOS beeps *2 short, 1 long* which indicates a video error *can someone give me more information on this*. Since it didn't work I decided to reformat again this time installing a later version of the graphic drivers 186, *which I know are stable from when I know I used before I reformated*, and still no luck. The thing again, which I must emphasize, is it was working 100% *no troubles at all* before I reformatted which was yesterday, and my display is connected and coming from my graphics card. I go to device manager and I get error code 43 can someone also get me more in-depth information on this as well as the BIOS beeps.

Much appreciated, and I hope to god it isn't my graphics card :eek:

Attached Files:

2. joshbarber89

anyone please help

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

No one can help you without knowing all the hardware involved, that's why you are not getting any answers...

4. joshbarber89

okay..
    Graphics: 9800 GX2
    Motherboard: IPIBL _LB (Asus) (ICH9R) (P35/G33/G31) (PCI Express 2.0)
    Processor: LGA 775 65nm, Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz (clocked 3.00) FSB: 1333.3 MHz
    Ram: Huyndai Electronics 4 gb (6-6-6-18)

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

If you are certain the card is seated right in slot and bios is set to "Auto" or "pci", then the card or the slot is bad and I know it sounds like an odd coincidence but it just has to be.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/885532

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice