1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphic card broken?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LordTayend, Jul 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordTayend

LordTayend Thread Starter

So i bought a new desktop half a year ago. I did not put it together myself but i bought it as a whole. It worked perfectly fine for these 6 months. Now the graphics cards ( gtx 1070 ) cooling isnt working properly any more. When i run a game, the cooling of the graphic card is starting up. at its max speed it slows down again and makes a noise. Then it gains speed again. This repeats all the time.
    I literally am a newbie to computer stuff so i have absolutely no idea what to do or how to handle that issue.
    I hope someone of you guys can help me out with it

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    We know nothing about your computer, other than it has a GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card, so please do the following in it:

Download and save the TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe) file.
    After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
    Information about your computer will appear.
    Return here, then copy-and-paste the entire text here.

----------------------------------------------------------------

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Have you opened the case and checked the fans on the video card? If not, that is the very first thing I would do.
    Note you should check with the seller; 1 to see if it is still under warranty and 2 if so, would opening the case void the warranty. Do that prior to anything else.

As Frank posted above, you need to post ALL of your exact system specs. Do not post "500W" pw supply; post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230458

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice