1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphic Card Damaged in Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by quak007, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quak007

quak007 Thread Starter

Hi ppl, this is the first time I write in a forum :D.

Well, I have this problem, I used to play without any problem with my laptop LG E500 which has a graphic card nVidia GeForce 8400m g. My OS was Windows Vista. One day, suddenly some months ago, the screen started to turn dark for few seconds while playing WOW, and one day started to show colors while playing. And after that started to show them also without playing until it didnt even start windows, so I had to deactivate the graphic card. :(
    I downloaded the latest driver, but didnt work. I also formated my computer and have now Ubuntu and Windows XP in it. Windows XP doesnt even start with the graphic card activated. And ubuntu seems to start, but freezes most of the time while running videos in youtube or playing some game, but allows me to handle some game features. :rolleyes: Obviously it is a hardware problem, So I opened my laptop, but I have no idea which one it is, and I am sure it will be expensive to send to repair. I write here because I find nothing else to do and would like to know if someone does know what to do now :eek:.

Is there some way someone can show me the right way to open an E500 and clean the graphic card? I have opened it but not completely, I'm afraid to dmg something:eek:. Is there any way to change the graphic card in such a laptop? how do I change it? changing it is not what I want to do, but if its the only option :(.

I know ppl that you will help me ;), thx

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758476

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice