Graphic Card dilemma

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

crasherkids

Please please help me before i go insane.

I have got a ATI graphics card (APG) from a friend, but he didnt have the drivers for it, or the model.

I put it in my system, turned off the on board graphics, and it eventually was recognised by windows.

BUT windows is recognising the wrong one, i am sure.
It is a 64mb card, windows is showing 32.

The default drivers, and the proper ones i have installed from ati.com are crashing my computer every 10 minutes.

It is recognised as a ATI Radeon 8500 family series.

But this is what is actually on the card:

Front of card:

Big gold fan
on little chip:

ATI RAGE THEATRE
213RTVZUA43
0149SS
TAIWAN

Back of card:

Powered by ATI

On sticker:

CT 7 (BARCODE)
020400178218 (Barcode number)

M850A1PLD-64M

On another sticker

J&J R200 64M, TV, DVI, DH 0402

on a price tag shop type sticker

2515-11

PLEASE HELP I AM GOING INSANE!

Thank you all very much.

crasherkids

I am using XP

Sorry...

I have tried the Radeon drivers from the site you listed.
To no avail!

When windows detects it as a Radeon 8500, is windows always right?

More than just disabling the onboard graphics you should uninstall their drivers. Follow the www.ati.com instructions for your new Radeon card. With winXP you might want to turn off system restore when installing so that old drivers are not reinstalled. WinXP usually will pick up the Radeon card without the specific manufacturers drivers, you still need to install the ati.com drivers. I think we are up to Catalyst 3.7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online