1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

graphic card disply data when starting windows

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by momtaz, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. momtaz

momtaz Thread Starter

Hello guys

after I changed my graphic card I noticed when ever I start windows I see a data displaying details about the graphic card not same as before I just see (Acer) or (HP) then black screen for few seconds then windows logo and start up without showing these details about the graphic card,
    I have installed windows XP again,, but still coming ! what is this? is there any way to hid it? I am not in need to see these AVG description every time I start up my machine,

your advise will be highly appreciated with lot of thanks in advance,
    Regards,

2. Megabite

Megabite

Try looking in Bios for startup screen or logos

here are the usual keys for entering Bios to press on startup.

• {Delete} (modern Award and AMI BIOSes)
    • {F2} (modern Phoenix BIOSes)
    • {Ctrl}+{Alt}+{Esc}
    • {Ctrl}+{Esc}
    • {Alt}+{Esc}
    • {Ctrl}+{Alt}+{S}
    • {F1}

Be careful what you change tho......

3. momtaz

momtaz Thread Starter

Megabite: what I have to do with these keys? any clear steps to be followed practically?
    thanks,

4. Megabite

Megabite

You start tapping one of these keys on PC startup before windows starts to get into Bios.......it is hard to explain what you are looking for as all bios are different but the splash screen would be a start.

If you are not comfortable then I would leave it for now as setting the wrong thing could make the PC not bootup.

5. momtaz

momtaz Thread Starter

Megabite: mean I log to the Bios penal 1st, I got this, and then from there what are the steps? my machine is Acep Aspire PC, my OS: XP 2002, SP3,

in the Bios panel will show options about the startup screen? and then I can delete what I dont want to see... is that right?
    thans for the kind efforts,

6. Megabite

Megabite

Yes...but you do not delete them just Disable it....you will not beable to use the mouse only keyboard in Bios and i beleive on that model it is tapping F2 key on startup.

If you find what your looking for then you will have to Save and Exit.

7. momtaz

momtaz Thread Starter

Ok, I will try it out with my next start up and I will post the feedback of the result, with many thanks for the efforts,

8. Megabite

Megabite

9. Rockn

Rockn

It is the BIOS of the new video card displaying and there is nothing you can do about it. Why would you reinstall Windows to fix this....there is nothing to fix.

10. Megabite

Megabite

I guess somethings can annoy people.....:)

11. momtaz

momtaz Thread Starter

before I was using my machine for many years.. eveytime I format and install new windows running as usual, just after installed new VGA started to see these bothering data which I dont really need to see eveytime .. something i consider it as stupid idea to bother ppl by seeing these details with every start up,
    thanks to Megabite.. and I will find out how to hid up this stupid screen show,

12. Rockn

Rockn

YOU CANNOT HIDE THE INFO!! The screens that are diplaying are part of the video card BIOS. Don't you see the correlation here that it started after installing a new video card?

13. momtaz

momtaz Thread Starter

Yes, but why should bother evey time? why need to see these series and programming parts and all details about it? before when I bought the PC new and was runing it for almost 3 yrs never saw it before,
    it will cause any trouble to disable it from the BIOS? i meant this displaying message with the startup?

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972368

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice