1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

graphic card driver, lenovo laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jeff schumpert, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeff schumpert

jeff schumpert Thread Starter

I'm trying to get autocad to recognize the graphics card of my new laptop. autocad tests numerous cards for compatibility, and on their website, my card is listed as a certified recommended card. But when I run the autocad tunelog, it lists:
    3D Device
    ---------
    Name :
    Manufacturer :
    Chip set :
    Memory :
    Driver :
    Your machine contains a 3D Device that is not certified.

The driver that autocad tested the card with is different than my laptop’s graphics card drive. Perhaps that's the problem. The comments section for my particular card says: “This driver is supported on HP Compaq 8510w laptops and can be downloaded from here.” Now I wonder if I should actually install this driver... if that driver would work with a different laptop? I'm afraid that might be a problem because (from what I understand), it is only recommended to use driver updates provided by the laptop maker. Does installing a different graphic card driver void warranties on laptops? is it reversible by a restore point?

My notebook specs:
    Lenovo T61p
    Windows XP professional
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz
    2GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive space
    Nvidia Quadro FX 570M

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/662058

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice