Graphic card horror

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ladex142

Hi everyone, am simply tired :mad:, i have installed and reinstalled every graphic card drivers ever released for my laptop, even downgraded to xp, the problem even got worse. The problem is that the display on screen has blocks of lines vertically, and system will not boot up if i install graphic drivers now, except booting into save mode and uninstalling the graphics card.

How can i get this repaired, someone help me please, or is there any good and trusted repair shop in New York. Am currently running vista, or is it possible, i'll be happy to sell my laptop for someone who can get it working at a give away price instead of breaking it because am that angry!, it's a Hp pavilion 9030us with nvidia geforce go 7600

Try visiting HP website and download the video card driver for your computer model. If it fails, try running the Recovery CD and restore your computer to factory settings.

managed

Allan
Can you post a screen-shot ?

If the screen-shot looks ok to others then you have a display fault, if the screen-shot shows the lines then it's the graphics (card) that has the problem.

ladex142

Thanks for replying guys, am still battling with the problem......i install all my drivers from Hp's website only, especially the nvidia drivers because it can only be downloaded from Hp's website, even nvidia insists i download the drivers only from Hp.

I have uploaded a screenshot you asked for, i hope you're can help me fix this problem.

Attachments

I can't see anything wrong with that. Only problem is the fuzziness caused by the low quality of the image. It's your display. Good luck.

PS: My old CRT had two diminishingly small horizontal lines on it, and they annoyed me whenever I laid my eyes upon it, so I guess I would've seen any fault in the picture :)

EDIT: try posting a scrshot of an empty, white website, there the lines of blocks would be most visible..

ladex142

I have uploaded the new screen capture, if the problem is with the display, then what can i do to fix it. What if i buy an external monitor, would that solve the problem considering the fact that when i installed nvidia drivers, i couldn't boot up vista successfully.

Attachments

It's totally perfect. The fault is in your monitor, or its cable. You should try with a good-known monitor cable, after that you'll have to buy a new monitor if that doesn't help.

ladex142

When you first switch the laptop on is the display ok ?

No, the display was not ok, the fault shows as i press the power button.

It's totally perfect. The fault is in your monitor, or its cable. You should try with a good-known monitor cable, after that you'll have to buy a new monitor if that doesn't help.

If that happens to be the case, do you know of any good repair shop in New York that i can take it to, or is it something i can do myself ?

ladex142

Comeon guys, don't leave me out in the cold, should i accept there is no solution in sight and forget about it and start thinking of getting a new laptop!

Repairing a notebook display is expensive... if you paid $2000~4000 for a top-end gaming notebook, then you bother to repair it. If the notebook is a bit on the old side, you can buy a new one for $500~800 (about the cost of repair).

While Acer Notebooks are not the best - $600 gets a Core2Duo model, 2GB and 17" display. Ouch.

But yeah, your screen shots look fine... Output is damaged display... and you may have other problems as well. So transfer your files to the new notebook... and make sure you have a good running AntiVirus software on the new notebook (AVG is free).

ladex142

right now am only able to use the standard vga, i can't get windows to boot up successfully with nvidia drivers.....anyways, my resolution is always set to max.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online