Graphic Card Problem w/ XP, but works on 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

White_Path

I dual-boot XP and Windows 7. I recently bought the GTX 560 TI & it works beautifully on my Windows 7. I tried to install the drivers for the card on XP & it keeps identifying the card only as -- Display. I did go back and uninstall the drivers off of 7 and then uninstalled off of xp & then reinstalled the drivers on xp. My computer will install the driver software off of the cd & correctly identifies it as GTX 560 TI software, but it keeps identifying the card as only -- Display. As I said before I tried it on Windows 7 and it works great. Here are my XP specs the Windows 7 OS is 64 bit. The card I had before worked great on both OS which was the 8800GT. Any ideas on what might be wrong? I have tried downloading the software directly from Nvidia, but on my XP OS it says it cannot find the card when installing. Specs: Dell Inspiron 530 Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 3) Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz (4 CPUs) 4 GB of RAM (Kingston) BIOS: Phoenix v6.00PG 320 GB HD Direct X 9.0C

flyer0101

Dylan
Make sure on Your windows 7 you have the windows 7 drivers and on your xp you have the windows XP versions of the drivers. Now personally from my experience i wouldnt know if this will create a error by have two graphic card driver versions on one computer as with any new graphics card you always need to delete the old cards drivers if you havent done that yet make sure you do.

White_Path

Yeah I have the right drivers on the right OS. No it doesn't because I have the 8800GT and that has different drivers depending on the OS. That was the first thing I did still doesn't recognize it. It is a unique problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online