Graphic Card Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AP2006

Hello,
I am experiencing some problems with Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2. I just bought the PC recently and I am receiving errors already :-( !!!!!
Here are the details of what occurred:
NOTE: This problem occurred twice, once on my account and the second time it occurred on my family member’s account.

When I was surfing the internet, the computer just switches off!!!! I then start it up log on to my account and a window appears detailing the error (take a look at the following screens below)

The Microsoft Crash Analysis said:

"Error caused by a device driver"

"A device driver installed on your computer caused the problem; however, we cannot determine the precise cause"

It then tells me to download some updates

Does anyone know the problem?

Thank You :)

PS the probelm also occured when i was using Microsoft Word 2003!!

AP2006

I have already done taht and still no success.The computer swithces off and restarts even though I have used the Omega drivers.

SirKenin

Banned
Ohhh. Ummm. Mine used to do that when I overclocked the system. It told me that it recovered from a serious error and told me the problem was with my graphics card drivers. It doesn't sound like that's the case here, but I wonder if you can glean anything from that?

AP2006

When I telephoned the company who I bought the computer system from they said that open up the computer and make sure the graphcis card is fitted in properly.

Will this help??????

SirKenin

Banned
Nah, I don't think so. Usually when you are talking seating it either works or it doesn't. I've never heard of one half working and causing the error you mentioned. There's something else wrong. I have to go out now, but maybe someone else can carry on from here.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online