1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphic Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by akita, Jul 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. akita

akita Thread Starter

Thinking of upgrading my gfx card from g force2 440mx 64 mb, to fx 5200 128 mb...... been quoted £64 for fx 5200. Is this a good option? IF NOT CAN U SUGGEST ANY OTHER CARD .....

PLZ REPLY ASAP:confused:

2. active95

active95

It is a qood option. Just make sure that the puter will be able to accept it ( as in agp transfer rate and voltage ) along with the power supply. Since the FX 5200 sucks more juice then the MX 440.
    HTH

3. akita

akita Thread Starter

Thanks,
    Cant remember if the fx 5200 is 4x agp or 8x ?.. also do u know what the 440mx is?

4. MAXPING

MAXPING

5. carltasha

carltasha

nice one

6. mscareall

mscareall

I would also like to add, make sure that you have enough fans inside the computer. My hubby has fried 2 already, and he is insane with the number of fans he has in his puter. Luckily our computer store is on a first name basis with my husband and I so with the first one, he just swapped with a new one. And with the second one (this happened yesterday), the guy actually gave hubby his own personal video card, until hubby's comes back from the manufactor.

Shirley

7. akita

akita Thread Starter

Thanks for all the advice.. the card is a sparkle fx 5200 128 mb, is this a good make, or not.
    At £64 is it a good buy?

8. active95

active95

since all the card on the market are made under Nvidia design ,they aren't that much different. So cards from Asus , Abit , MSI , etc.. are pretty much the same ( slight difference in memory chips , TV-out )
    So they only thing that you might wanna look into is the waranty ( as in how long it will be covered and return policy).
    if i'm not mistaken 64 would make it about $120 which might be ok for UK but it's a bit higher for US..
    HTH

9. rocketc43

rocketc43

yeah u definitly wanna make sure ur computer can support it. I just got a geforce 5200, and I am havin a lot of trouble with it

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/147791

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice