Graphic Driver problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

al8b8_is

I've been having some problems with my graphics driver for some time now...

Every once in a while I get some kind of error, it could range from BlueScreen, Display signal shutting down, complete freeze of the display and process, or freezing on startup (windows logo screen), most of the time, my solution for this problems, was to go into secure mode, unistall the graphics driver and clean-install a newer version from the Nvidia website, and that would work until it failed again...

I was wondering if someone else had have this problem and found a more permanent solution...

I have a
CPU: Intel Core i7 930 @ 280GHz
Memory: 12GB DDR3
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 PCIe

Most recent error message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2058
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800DEDC170
BCP2: FFFFF8800F1736D0
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC00000B5
BCP4: 000000000000000A
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1​

Before you installed the Nvidia Card did you by chance have a previous Ati or Nvidia card? I ask because often if you don't completely remove older drivers and software before switching to a new card you can get issue like you describe. There is a freeware app called "Display Driver Uninstaller or DDU" you can download from Major Geeks or similar that will do the work for you. It is suggested you run it from Safe Mode to get the best results. If you have not switched cards you can always try re-seating the card and making sure your using the proper power source to the back of the card. Six and eight pin connectors should be marked PCI-E to distinguish them from motherboard 6-8 pin power connectors. Most problems occur if you go from one brand to another (ati to nvidia for instance) without uninstalling the old drivers. I have noticed recently for newer Nvidia drivers there is a check box for clean install, which is supposed to uninstall the old (Nvidia at least) for you, but I still use the uninstall utility DDU from Safe Mode to be sure.

al8b8_is

I haven't changed the Graphic Card, and I formatted the computer a couple of months ago...

I double check on the hardware but I see no problems there.

I'll try to unistall the drivers and re-install once again using DDU

you might also try re-seating the card and maybe your memory sticks as well. And make sure your using an actual power connector for PCI-E at the back of the card and not an eight or six pin connector for the motherboard. They're usually keyed differently but I accidentally forced one in once and it was a bear to figure out what I had done wrong.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts