1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphic driver turned off (Black Screen)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Seanspr, Feb 11, 2020.

Advertisement
  1. Seanspr

Seanspr Thread Starter

Hi people, hope you're well. I was wondering if someone could assist me? I yesterday was sorting out my gaming settings on my laptop and wanted to use my amid driver so thought if I turned the hp one off then amd driver would then go into use. How I was wrong. I've had a black screen and can't actually get into bios settings at the start. I've tried hooking up to a monitor to hopefully see something. I've tried fn, shift, esc f2, f5, f8, f12 when it boots up, I've held down the power button for 1 munite and taken battery out and then held buttons and power while turning on with all keys above simultaneously ect over and over. I still can't get it to show and picture at all. I've tried countless YouTube videos. Can anyone help? I have Toshiba laptop l50. Thanks

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    James
    How did you turn off the HP video?

3. Seanspr

Seanspr Thread Starter

Video? I'm confused. I turned the driver off in settings

4. Couriant

First Name:
    James
    You said "thought if I turned the hp one off" hence why I asked how did you do this. When you say settings, are you referring in Windows? or in the BIOS?

So to confirm, you are not even able to see the BIOS screen or the splash screen when you turn on the laptop?

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Well, if you turn off the driver then there is no device available to display the graphics.

But you need to answer Couriant's questions?

6. Seanspr

Seanspr Thread Starter

I turned it of in normal settings windows hp. And can't get into bios to reset it to get it back to normal. It's black screen still.

7. Couriant

First Name:
    James
    Windows and BIOS are two separate things... unless HP has a tool that communicates to the BIOS... Having said that, you said you have a Toshiba laptop... so what is HP?

I think the only option at this point is connect your computer to an external monitor and pray that connection will show a display. Failing that, I don't know if you can reset the BIOS with a jumper...

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1240053

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice