1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphic drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Highdro, Jun 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Highdro

Highdro Thread Starter

I have a question about graphic card drivers.

What I want to know is in your opinion on graphic card drivers, maker versus manufacturer... If that make sense, example, is it better to get your drivers from MSI, EVGA, Gigabit website? or is it better to get your drivers from nvidia.com or support.amd.com?

2. SuckyGamer

SuckyGamer

I have a Nvidia Card And I just go to www.nvidia.com or www.amd.com and get them from there, but you have to know the model of your card so you dont install the wrong version of the driver you would like to install.

Hope that helps you out:)

3. Highdro

Highdro Thread Starter

I personally use www.nvidia.com or www.amd.com but my brother has his own thoughts and does everything "his" way. So he has a Gigabit X1300 Ati card, and he went to the gigabit website to download the drivers, and as we were talking on the phone he said they were like version 8.5 from 2009. I told him the amd website has version 10.2. So I don't know, does gigabit make their own drivers or are they taken from amd.com??

4. SuckyGamer

SuckyGamer

Ok so your bro has a GiGa X1300, what card are you using then? Or are you sharing computers? His Graphics card is GIGABITS version of Ati's x1300. So you possibly could use www.gigabit.com and/or www.amd.com for it. Your brother has got a point thought. It is a Gigabit card thought so you would have to download the driver(s) it from www.gigabit.com . An xample of what i'm saying is for instance I have An EVGA GTX ssc+ 460, but It is a Nvidia card too, so to completly update my card (or yours) I would get drivers from www.nvidia.com (www.amd.com for you) and www.evga.com (www.gigabit.com for you) SOrry if I am confusing you... Do you see what im saying? :?

5. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Personally, I always go for the latest drivers from the chip manufacturer (Nvidia / ATI) unless I have a problem. If I have any issues with those latest drivers (very very rare) I will use the latest from the card manufacturer.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1002625

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice