1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphic Issues in Games

Discussion in 'Games' started by Naeilya, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Naeilya

Naeilya Thread Starter

I have a problem. Whenever I go to play a game, I get funky reddish graphics with lines. all other graphics are good, like when I start up, and my desktop and webpages, it's ONLY when I try to play games.

Anywho, this computer is new to me, and I installed XP Pro on it when I first got it. As I was doing so, I got this error that told me I need to update BIOS, but I just bypassed it and continued installing, not thinking it would be a problem.

Now I've tried most everything to fix this problem, and nothing so far has worked. I've switched graphics cards, reformatted, changed resos, deleted/updated drivers, and nothing has worked.

Could that BIOS error have something to do with it afterall? And if so, how would I go about fixing it?

I have an Acer Aspire V66M, 7100 series, w/ Pentium II Proc, and A NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 400 Vid Card. Thanks to anyone who can help!

2. vanillag1rl

vanillag1rl

Which games?
    what vers of direct X do you have?

3. vanillag1rl

vanillag1rl

and what bios do you have?

4. Naeilya

Naeilya Thread Starter

All games, specifically Everquest, and I have DirectX 9 and the bios is ACER V3.2 R01-d0, or the BIOS string is Acr8E000-I0c-980911-Ro1-D0 if that helps.

5. vanillag1rl

vanillag1rl

did you ever try to overclock your videocard bfore?

6. Naeilya

Naeilya Thread Starter

No I've heard of people doing it but i never understood what it does or how to do it. :confused:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!