1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphic problem please help:(

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by imaverygdboi, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. imaverygdboi

imaverygdboi Thread Starter

First of all. I do not know if this is the correct forum to post this, and im sorry in advance. Im on a Pavilion dm4 ,Windows7 , i5 and ATI Mobility Radeon Premium Graphics which supports microsoft Directx11. Recently when i just rebooted my laptop, the resolution was extremely large. Trying to solve things, i right clicked my desktop and clicked screen resolution. I put it at the highest resolution but it was still the same. Than an error came up saying "No ATI graphics driver is installed or the ATI driver is not functioning properly. Please install the ATI driver appropriate for your ATI Hardware.I also can not adjust the brightness of the screen. I am at a loss of what to do. Please, please help me. Thanks in advance.

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Try doing a System Restore to a date before the problem began. If that doesn't work look in Device Manager under Display Adapters and right click the adapter, then Update Driver Software and follow the directions. If neither of these work you may need to reinstall the driver from HP's website.

3. Lance1

Lance1

What version is the HP Pavilion dm4? it should have a set of numbers at the end like HP Pavilion dm4-1060us for example. As per Frank4d suggestion go into the Control Panel \ Device Manager. Click the little arrow next to Display Adapter. What does it say you have for an adapter?

4. imaverygdboi

I dont have system restore, deeply regret it. Next time i will definitely set one. I updated the intel(r) hd graphics but still the same problem. Mine is a Hp pavilion dm4 1112tx. My adaptor is intel(r)hd. How do i reinstall the driver from hp's website?

5. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

6. imaverygdboi

i did a minimized image recovery and had some errors, i dont know what i did but everythings working fine now, just that i cant Windows key+ tab and the starting is different. Im sure its not a factory settings restore but everything is gone.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082557

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice