1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics card - can I updated from an integrated one?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by senna, Dec 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. senna

senna Thread Starter

I just bought a new computer. One thing I am wanting to do is convert vhs movies to dvd. My computer came with an integrated video card. I was wondering if I could purchase a new video card, one with video in, hoping there wouldn't be any conflict. Am I able to do this?

I am running Windows XP P4 2.6mhz.

Thank you,

senna

2. apache9357

apache9357

yes u can do this, just disable the integrated one from bios....some do it automatically tho...the ATI all in wonder are great cards forthat kind of stuff too

apache9357

3. darkelf_18

darkelf_18

Hey senna, yeah you can. But as apache said you may have to disable it in the BIOS. But a freind of mine got an ATI 9700 AIW cards and said that the quality was pretty bad. I don't know about the other ATI models, but I'd just get a TV tuner card, you can get them for like under $40 I think. It would be cheaper then getting a whole new grapics card, and you wouldn't have any hardware conflicts.

4. catlady13

catlady13

HI Senna.. I have done my vhs movies believe it or not with an Intel PC pro web camera . Mine has a port in for a VHS camera and I plug the sound from my VHS camera into my line in on my sound card and voila. It works very well . It has a setting that will allow you to change from the web camera in to your VHS camera and was very easy to set up.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/191347

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice