1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Graphics card Driver - Autocad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nutech12, Aug 29, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Nutech12

Nutech12 Thread Starter

Hi I use AutoCAD 2017 and REVIT 2017 - using the Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) by Zotac Intenational.

On the NVIDIA website, it speaks to Gaming, as I don't game at all, I do want to ensure I have the best driver for the graphics card and the application I am using this for.

Any suggestions?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You didn't say which Windows version is running in your computer(no description given).
    The most current driver for the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card is version 436.15

----------------------------------------------------------------

3. Nutech12

Nutech12 Thread Starter

WIN 10 64bit

In Display Adapters, I have 2 listed

Intel HD Graphics 530 (integrated?)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - Driver version: 26.21.14.3064 (2019-05-05)

Using NVIDIA s/w 2 are shown:
    1. The one you suggested with WHQL (not sure what that means)
    2. One that was released in July, it has no WHQL.

Should I just use the latest? What is WHQL mean?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Windows Hardware Quality Labs
    It means the driver was submitted to MS and is "Approved"
    You do understand you are using a gaming type video card for for autocad. There are video cards made for workstation uses; ie quadro or amd pro series.

bassfisher6522 likes this.
  5. Nutech12

Nutech12 Thread Starter

Thx for the above. I am aware a iut the video card being designed for gaming, however it is the one that came with the m/b CPU Ram and SSD drive. Not really having the cash rite now to shell for a Quadro etc. So I'm trying to make the most of what I have. This card must be a great deal better than the integrated one on the board.

6. Nutech12

Nutech12 Thread Starter

What would be the most effective setup for my 2 monitors, my current setup is:

1) Main display: 23" DELL using DVI-D cable to the back of the GeForce graphics card.
    2) 19" older Viewsonic, currently the VGA cable connects to the on-board video card port.

Would it be better I get an adapter and connect with the graphics card? Whats the best config, display port adapter to HDMI (main screen) etc?

7. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

What does Autocad say? They should have a minimum specifications list of what hardware to use. Since this is a business level application, you would want to look at the Quadro line from Nvidia. The GPUs in this family have been more rigorously tested than the GeForce line for stability as businesses demand stability over pushing the latest features. This increased level of validation testing and development goes right down to the drivers too.

8. Nutech12

Nutech12 Thread Starter

Thx, for the quadro line suggestion. Due to my budget as it is, I'm stuck for the time being with the GeForce.

What I really would like to know is how I should setup my 2 monitors as requested above.

Thx again

9. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

This is what I would do: get a DVI adapter (active) and connect it to the GPU as the GPU has the better graphics then the onboard/CPU. Then go into the BIOS and disable the onboard GPU.

10. Nutech12

Nutech12 Thread Starter

Which is the best way to set this up tho Display port (graphics card) to HDMI (23" monitor)
    And DVI (graphics card) adapter to VGA (19" VGA monitor) or HDMI (graphics card) adaoter to VGA (monitor)

Or does it really matter? Main thing is both cables are plugged into graphics card!

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232239

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice